The EVN Programme Committee (PC) meets three times per year in order to consider requests for observing time on the EVN. The PC distributes a Call for Proposals three times per year with submission deadlines of 1 Febuary, 1 June, and 1 October. Since 1 December 2018 the chairman of the EVN PC has been Kazi Rygl (IRA, Bologna).
The PC meets shortly after each deadline and communicates its results to the proposers. The list of observing proposals submitted to the EVN PC for the most recent deadline is available online.
As well as evaluating proposals, the PC discusses other issues of relevance to EVN observing and these are detailed in the EVN PC minutes (March 2001 and earlier).
The EVN PC comprises astronomers from EVN institutes as well as from unaffiliated universities or observatories:
- Kazi Rygl: Chair (IRA, Bologna, IT)
- Zsolt Paragi: Vice-chair (JIVE, Dwingeloo, NL)
- Tao An (SHAO, Shanghai, CN)
- Jan Forbrich (U.Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK)
- Krisztina Gabanyi (MTA-ELTE Extra-galactic Research Group, Budapest, HU)
- Talvikki Hovatta (U.Turku, FI)
- Michael Lindqvist (OSO, Goteborg, SE)
- Andrei Lobanov (MPIfR, Bonn, DE)
- Ivan Marti-Vidal (U.Valencia, ES)
- John McKean (ASTRON, NL)
- Alexey Melnikov (IAA, Saint Petersburg, RU)
- Tom Muxlow (JBCA, Manchester, UK)
- Francesca Panessa (IAPS, Rome, IT)
- Alastair Gunn (JBCA, Manchester, UK): ex officio (EVN scheduler)
- Bob Campbell (JIVE, Dwingeloo, NL): ex officio (correlator technical representative)