Short requests are intended for short exploratory observations, such as checking calibrators or the feasibility of an observational setup, in preparation for a VLBI observation or proposal. Short requests are *not* intended as short scientific observations and will have *no* proprietary time; after correlation and pipeline calibration they become public through the EVN Archive.
Short requests must use standard observing and recording modes. They will be scheduled on a best effort basis. The observing time (<= 4 hours) should be justified in the request; shorter projects may be easier to schedule.
The format of short observation proposals should include:
- A brief motivation, up to 250 words,
- The coordinates of the target(s) and calibrator(s),
- The calibrator coordinates,
- The observing time justification,
- The frequency band,
- The GST range,
- Essential stations for the observation.
- any other information necessary for central scheduling by JIVE
staff, e.g. preferred phase-referencing cycle (in case the short observation runs during an e-EVN day)
Requested observing time is <= 4 hours.
Short requests can be submitted up to six weeks before the beginning of a session.