The EVN Programme Committee (PC) meets three times per year in order to consider requests for observing time on the EVN. The PC distributes a Call for Proposals three times per year with submission deadlines of 1 Febuary, 1 June, and 1 October. Since 1 August 2021 the chairman of the EVN PC is Zsolt Paragi (JIVE, Dwingeloo).
The PC meets shortly after each deadline and communicates its results to the proposers. The list of observing proposals submitted to the EVN PC for the most recent deadline is available online.
As well as evaluating proposals, the PC discusses other issues of relevance to EVN observing.
The EVN PC comprises astronomers from EVN institutes as well as from unaffiliated universities or observatories:
- Zsolt Parag: Chair (JIVE, Dwingeloo, NL)
- Kazi Rygl: Vice-chair (interim) (INAF-IRA, Bologna, IT)
- Tao An (SHAO, Shanghai, CN)
- Jan Forbrich (U.Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK)
- Krisztina Gabanyi (Department of Astronomy, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, HU)
- Talvikki Hovatta (U.Turku, FI)
- Michael Lindqvist (OSO, Goteborg, SE)
- Andrei Lobanov (MPIfR, Bonn, DE)
- Ivan Marti-Vidal (U.Valencia, ES)
- John McKean (ASTRON, NL)
- Alexey Melnikov (IAA, Saint Petersburg, RU)
- Sara Motta (INAF-OAB, Bologna, IT)
- Tom Muxlow (JBCA, Manchester, UK)
- Alastair Gunn (JBCA, Manchester, UK): ex officio (EVN scheduler)
- Bob Campbell (JIVE, Dwingeloo, NL): ex officio (correlator technical representative)