EVN Institutes are engaged in many forms of public outreach. This page gives a summary of some of our efforts as well as pointing you toward other sources of information on VLBI and radio astronomy. A general introduction to VLBI is available from the JIVE outreach movie and Wikipedia.
Public outreach at the EVN observatories
- EVN and Global VLBI results and images gallery
- The Jodrell Bank Press Release and media pages
- Layman's guide to MERLIN
- Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre
- Find out what the JBO telescopes are doing now!
- Telescope images and recent results from the Westerbork Radio Synthesis Telescope and LOFAR
- The Jodrell Bank Virtual Radio Interferometer: a demonstration of earth-rotation aperture synthesis
- The outreach pages at the Max Planck Institute for Radio astronomy in Bonn
- KidsLink (in Italian) and A walk in the radio sky, as presented by the Institute of Radio Astronomy, Bologna
- Onsala Space Observatory's Popular Science (in Swedish)
- Arecibo's educators and media site
- Want to know more about the next generation radio telescope? Read the SKA brochure
Public access and visits to the EVN observatories
Many of the EVN Observatories are open to the general public. More information on how to visit the observatories is available at the individual institute web pages.