Session: Nov 2003 (session 3)
Wavelength: 6 cm


To give feedback on this experiment, click here

Experiment Feedback

Shanghai (Xinyong Huang at Thu Oct 30 02:42:31 2003) Success :

Medicina (Franco Mantovani at Thu Oct 30 06:52:06 2003) Success :

Urumqi (yangwj at Thu Oct 30 07:12:06 2003) Minor failures : RECE

Hartebeesthoek (Jonathan Quick at Thu Oct 30 07:48:24 2003) Success :

Torun (K.Borkowski at Thu Oct 30 07:54:45 2003) Failure : RECO
We did not observe because our P&G recorder is broken. The problem is related to electronics and/or mechanics responsible for tape driving. Works continue towards identifying more concrete reason.

Medicina (ZP, for Andrea Orlati at Thu Oct 30 09:59:53 2003) Minor failures :
Patch panel was not properly configured. Data from VC02 and VC04 were probably lost.

Onsala (Michael Lindqvist at Thu Oct 30 10:58:11 2003) Minor failures :
No known problems with the Mark4 recording. Mark5 (piggyback): For some scans there was no disc_end at the end. This means that Mark5 continue to record, appending to the previous scan.

Effelsberg (A. Kraus at Thu Oct 30 12:29:14 2003) Minor failures : RECO
First 2 mins lost - MK5 problems.

Jodrell_Bank (Alastair Gunn at Mon Nov 3 10:36:50 2003) Success :
No known problems. Did not piggyback Mk5.

Noto (P. Cassaro at Mon Nov 3 13:18:38 2003) Success :

Westerbork (Tony Foley at Tue Nov 4 14:43:40 2003) Success : RECO
During this observation the capstan motor drive electronics failed, BUT as this was in piggyback on Mark5 discs this data is to be found there. The capstan motor went into maximum possible speed and so ripped the tape apart, with about 95% on the reel. We wound the other 5% onto the reel. Fortunately we had spare transistors from an old tape unit